lasty okno 2

Passports and documents

Entry to Croatia is on a valid passport, whereas the Croatian authorities require that the travel document be valid for at least the duration of the stay in the territory of Croatia. Given that Croatia allows entry to its territory also on presentation of an ID card of a Czech citizen, it is possible to actually use the ID card of the Czech Republic as a travel document to travel to Croatia. With regard to the fact that it is a unilateral measure of another state, the Czech Republic cannot be held responsible for the application of this unilateral measure or for any complications that might arise when entering or staying in the territory of that state. Therefore, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic continues to recommend the use of a valid Czech passport when traveling to Croatia.

ATTENTION! If you use identity cards to travel to Croatia, your children up to 15 years of age must have their own passport!

Current information can be found at Of the Ministry of the Interior of the Czech Republic.

Registration of children in parents' travel documents has been canceled. Pursuant to Regulation (EC) No 444/2009 of the European Parliament and of the Council and Act No 197/2010 Coll., The entry of children into their parents' travel documents ceased on 1 July 2011. The entries made by children in their parents' travel documents are only valid until 26 June 2012, after which the children will only be able to travel with their own travel document. This measure also applies to the enrollment of children on parental identity cards. However, the expiry of the registration of children in the parents 'travel documents does not expire the parents' travel documents.

Address of the Embassy of the Czech Republic in Croatia:
Veleposlanstvo Češke Republike, Savska cesta 41/IX, 10 000 Zagreb, tel.: (00385) -1 6177246, -1 6121558, fax: (00385) -1 6176 630.


For a 90-day tourist stay, Czech citizens need a valid passport without a visa or a valid identity card. The passport must be valid for at least the expected duration of the stay. Compulsory Health Insurance Card in the Czech Republic (European Health Insurance Card) - the necessary first aid on the basis of a bilateral agreement is provided free of charge, however we recommend the so-called Commercial Health Insurance. The registration duty within 3 days to the local police, collective accommodation facilities - hotels, camps, etc. fulfills this duty itself.


Passport valid on the day of leaving Austria (or a valid identity card). Visa-free travel is valid for stays of up to 3 months. Visual cannot be obtained at a police station. It must be applied for at the Austrian Embassy in Prague in the following cases:
- if the uninterrupted stay in Austria is longer than 90 days
- if the applicant intends to work in Austria.


Valid passport (absolutely without damage, even in the case of minor damage, the border authorities may consider the passport to be invalid and may refuse entry to the territory of the Republic of Hungary). It is also possible to enter with a valid identity card. Visa-free travel is valid for stays of up to 90 days. In case of a stay longer than 90 days, the registration duty applies to the local Foreign Police Department.